Search This Blog

Monday, August 16, 2010

Keep Faith

Letting go sometimes isn't the easiest accomplishment in life. For whatever reason it is human nature to hold on and grasp for any remaining threads. I'm unsure if it is because we are afraid of the unknown, the loss, the pain, the failure, disappointment, or maybe it is all of the above wrapped together in a little package.

What is one to do when you decide to stop reaching for those remaining threads of hope? I guess the only answer is to take that little package of disappointment, loss, pain, failure, and unknown toss it out the window. So much energy is wasted on those emotions. So much time discussing them. When all that time can be devoted to something positive and life altering.

It is possible to let go and the light is just around the corner. I believe it is because we have been promised by our Lord.

Psalm 34:18, "The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (NIV)

Just hold tight to your faith. 

No comments:

Post a Comment