Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Paris Apartment

It is official the deposit for the apartment has went through my bank account!


We will be staying on Rue St. Andre des Arts in the St. Germain des Pres which is in the 6th Arrondissement. The building we are staying in is from the 17th Century!

The apartment is much smaller than apartments in the United States and it will be close living quarters for the three of us for two weeks. I have no doubt it will be interesting and with its moments. I've already started to pray for myself to be flexible and understanding. Anyone who knows me and my tendencies, knows that I like planning and details to be in order. For instance we aren't traveling until April 2011 and I already have my map highlighted with our Metro station from the airport to our apartment, packing list prepared, purchased a converter for my macbook, and have organized folders with all the details. My two travel partners, I'm very certain haven't even read all my e-mails or they "skimmed" them thus causing me to repeat myself. I don't care at all though we are going to Paris and it is all that matters. I'm sure my rambling of facts will at some point annoy them.   

This will be our kitchen and laundry room for two weeks. Small but functional and all we will need.


Next we have the "lounge" aka the living/bed room.


Both of these sofas pull out into beds. I will be fine to sleep on one of these because I'm not going for my lounging in bed comforts. Notice the curtain from the dining room to the lounge. This is to close if someone is an earlier riser and wants to read or drink coffee in the dining room. The lounge also connects to the bedroom.

I was fine to go and stay in a hostel but I thought my travel partners may not feel the same. Considering the have seen too many Hollywood movies such as "Taken" and "Hostel."

This is the bedroom. Which Lyndsey and Amy can play rock paper scissors to see who gets it. The bedroom connects to the lounge and the bathroom. The bathroom connects to the dining room as well. So, whoever is in the bedroom would never have to disturb the sleepers in the lounge and vice versa.  

This is the very quaint dining area. 
 In this picture you can sort of see the shower and heated towel racks. This is looking from the dining.

I have read a lot about the French Revolution and I'm very excited to see many of the things I've read about. So, I'm really not concerned with the apartment being huge. It just needs to be shelter to sleep, shower, and eat a few meals in. Oh yeah and have electric to plug in my macbook!

No comments:

Post a Comment