Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Change for the Better

“If you wait to do everything until you're sure it's right, you'll probably never do much of anything.” - Win Borden

I came along this quote today in my reading. How very true is this? I think back to the last two years of my life, at moments I was waiting for something to happen or someone to change. 

The fact was nothing is or will happen unless you take the initiative to make it happen on your own. People don't change unless they want to change.

Even when you give a person several opportunities to change who they are for the better. You provide them with the support and help to get there sometimes they don't choose that. It has nothing to do with who you are as a person but everything to do with them.  It isn't easy to walk away or not look back because you've invested so much of your life into a person. 

The reality is you have to make the right choices for yourself before it is too late. It is hard to walk away from something you've prayed so much about to change. Then God makes it clear and you know what is right. He is the only one strong enough to make the convictions to change a persons heart. It was hard for me to turn it all over to God but with prayer and support I know I've done what is right. 

I sleep better at night knowing God will always guide me to what is right and forgive me if I get confused and mislead. He is always there for guidance but I need to listen and do the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment