Search This Blog

Monday, January 3, 2011

2011... New Year... New... New... New...

So, as I sat reflecting on the years past and the year ahead I tried to think of something. Something exciting to blog about this year besides my normal randomness. As I pondered and thought the big red book sat beside me. GOT IT!

Even though I hated the movie Julie & Julia, I liked the idea! To be honest though, I really don't idolize Julia Child. I actually find her unattractive & annoying. But my sister Shelly bought me a top ten Christmas present this year, something I have not put down, I'm actually somewhat in love with this gift. It is.... it is... "The Essential New York Times COOKBOOK: Classic Recipes for a New Century" by Amanda Hesser.

I know, probably unexciting to most of you but I truly love it! So, I'm going to attempt to kick up my cooking blogs this year and try some of these recipes. If I am able to find cabrito (goat) hindquarter at the market on Saturday we will be kicking off 2011 cooking blogs with "Nueces Canyon Cabrito" (Goat Tacos.)

This could very well be a huge disaster for the lose 15 lbs this year but sometimes a girls just gotta eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment