Tonight I hit the mega millions in ground beef!
It possibly may have crossed your mind, "Why is this woman so excited about some ground up beef?" I have to say that it produced the juiciest and most delicious burger I've ever had. I loved the fact that I knew exactly where this burger came from Aloha Family Farms! Thank you to Brian & Maria for giving me some of your delicious grass fed Belted Galloway beef. What is a Belted Galloway cow?It is the oreo cookie cow!
"Beltie" beef is actually lower in total fat than your regular commercial beef. It is also significantly lower in cholesterol by 21mg (mg/100g sample.) To read more visit The U.S. Belted Galloway Society website. It provides many articles and excellent information on Beltie Beef.
For my ground beltie beef tonight I wanted to have in the purest form for my first tasting of grass fed beltie beef. What better to make than burgers! I like my burgers to be topped with delicious toppings as well... let's take a look!
First we form our burgers to the appropriate size! I made 3 burgers out of 0.92lbs.
Grilling is the ONLY way to go for a good burger!
Now to start the toppings! Brian & Maria also gave me free range eggs from their farm!
Then a little turkey bacon... that is right eggs & bacon & beef! YUM
One egg for little "Chloe Bean" & a strip of bacon! She loves special treats & to sleep!
Now let's build our burger!
I forgot to mention that I use yukon gold potatoes, toss with extra virgin olive oil, fresh ground kosher salt, fresh ground black pepper, fresh rosemary. I grill and serve! Yummy side!
For my toppings I use home grown tomatoes, 2 slices of turkey bacon, 1 fried free range egg, Helman's Mayo, and Gold Medal winner Adam's Reserve Cheddar cheese.
Delicious & Happy Stomachs!
Special thank you & love to Brian, Maria, & Noah for sharing the fruits of your labor with us! I really enjoyed it! Now what to do with the other 2lbs? Love & Thanks!










Holy Cow that is awesome! Thanks for the plug on Aloha Farms and the beltie beef. We have got to try making burgers like that. The fried egg on top brings us back to the days of living in Hawaii. They use ground beef topped with rice, then fried egg, then covered in gravy. Called a "loco moco".
ReplyDelete